This workshop is for new Company Secretaries and Directors of co-operatives, covering statutory regulations and good governance. It comes complete with information packs and sample forms for Companies and IP Societies.
By the end of the workshop, the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Company Secretary
- Explain how the Company Secretary can be a positive influence on the democracy and management of a co-operative
- Describe a model of excellence for a Company Secretary
- Explain how companies can execute documents, contracts, etc.
- Name regulatory bodies that apply to their (proposed) co-operative, complete sample regulatory forms and explain what can happen if they fail to meet regulatory requirements.
This workshop is normally delivered in a full day but can be reduced to a half day by removing the exercises.
Please note that it may not be possible to achieve all the learning objectives in shorter versions of workshops.
We provide learning materials for up to 16 trainees. If the venue does not have laptop and projector facilities these can be provided too. It would be helpful if the venue could provide a flipchart or whiteboard facilities.
You are asked to provide:
- The venue
- Catering or refreshments as required
- The trainees
- Marketing and publicity for the event. We may be able to help with this in some circumstances.
How to buy delivery of workshops or get a quote
CAN training workshops are delivered for £500 for a full day or £350 for a half day, plus VAT. When delivery is in the South West, South East, London or East of England regions, that is all we charge. When delivery is outside of those regions, we may charge the cost of public transport, and possibly accommodation. We only charge for time spent delivering service to you; we do not charge for travel time and there are no hidden extra charges.
Before we can deliver anything, we ask the person or organisation that is purchasing this service to sign a contract with us. This is an "As-and-when" contract that allows you to purchase products and services from us as and when you require them and does not tie you in to any other commitment.
Please do not fix a date or dates for an event or programme of events until you have signed a contract and agreed date(s) with us.
When you have selected the workshops you are interested in, please get in touch using the Contact Us Page or telephone CAN at local rate: 0845 3733616.