This workshop is designed for delivery to a single housing co-op rather than multiple co-ops. The aim is to develop a shared understanding of how to establish and implement a framework for the good governance of the co-op in question.
By the end of the workshop, the students should be able to:
- Describe the key attributes and benefits of good governance
- Develop elements of a framework for good governance in their co-op
- Define Excellent Meetings
- Describe environmental and organisational factors that contribute to functionality of meetings
- Design a means to audit the effectiveness of meetings in their co-op
- Demonstrate an understanding of Mission / Aims / Objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of SMART objectives
- Develop an Action Plan to improve governance in their co-op
This workshop is designed to be delivered in a full day. Although this workshop is designed to address issues of governance that frequently crop up in housing co-ops, it may also be useful to non-housing co-ops, since governance is not about operational specifics and is therefore not tied to issues of housing.
Please note that it may not be possible to achieve all the learning objectives in shorter versions of workshops.
We provide learning materials for up to 16 trainees. If the venue does not have laptop and projector facilities these can be provided too. It would be helpful if the venue could provide a flipchart or whiteboard facilities.
You are asked to provide:
- The venue
- Catering or refreshments as required
- The trainees
- Marketing and publicity for the event. We may be able to help with this in some circumstances.
How to buy delivery of workshops or get a quote
CAN training workshops are delivered for £500 for a full day or £350 for a half day, plus VAT. When delivery is in the South West, South East, London or East of England regions, that is all we charge. When delivery is outside of those regions, we may charge the cost of public transport, and possibly accommodation. We only charge for time spent delivering service to you; we do not charge for travel time and there are no hidden extra charges.
Before we can deliver anything, we ask the person or organisation that is purchasing this service to sign a contract with us. This is an "As-and-when" contract that allows you to purchase products and services from us as and when you require them and does not tie you in to any other commitment.
Please do not fix a date or dates for an event or programme of events until you have signed a contract and agreed date(s) with us.
When you have selected the workshops you are interested in, please get in touch using the Contact Us Page or telephone CAN at local rate: 0845 3733616.