This is a key workshop for social enterprises. Carrying out social accounting and publishing a social audit enables a social enterprise to prove that it is exactly that, making it much more attractive to funders and inspiring confidence in all stakeholders. Involving students at every stage, this workshop consists of 4 modules:
- What is Social Audit?
- Social Accounting Tools and Processes
- Social Audit and Reporting
- Social Return on Investment (SROI)
By the end of the workshop, the students should be able to:
- Identify the Social Objectives of a Social Enterprise
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to set Social Aims, Objectives and Targets
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to Monitor Social Output
- Use “the tool” to identify indicators and measures to collect
- Use “the tool” to set a process for reporting on the Social Outputs
- Use “the tool” to carry out a Return on Social Investment analysis
This workshop can be delivered in one full day, or modules can be delivered individually (see individual module workshops for details).
Please note that it may not be possible to achieve all the learning objectives in shorter versions of workshops.
We provide learning materials for up to 16 trainees. If the venue does not have laptop and projector facilities these can be provided too. It would be helpful if the venue could provide a flipchart or whiteboard facilities.
You are asked to provide:
- The venue
- Catering or refreshments as required
- The trainees
- Marketing and publicity for the event. We may be able to help with this in some circumstances.
How to buy delivery of workshops or get a quote
CAN training workshops are delivered for £500 for a full day or £350 for a half day, plus VAT. When delivery is in the South West, South East, London or East of England regions, that is all we charge. When delivery is outside of those regions, we may charge the cost of public transport, and possibly accommodation. We only charge for time spent delivering service to you; we do not charge for travel time and there are no hidden extra charges.
Before we can deliver anything, we ask the person or organisation that is purchasing this service to sign a contract with us. This is an "As-and-when" contract that allows you to purchase products and services from us as and when you require them and does not tie you in to any other commitment.
Please do not fix a date or dates for an event or programme of events until you have signed a contract and agreed date(s) with us.
When you have selected the workshops you are interested in, please get in touch using the Contact Us Page or telephone CAN at local rate: 0845 3733616.