The aim is to develop a shared understanding of how to establish and implement a framework for good governance of a housing co-operative.
It should be applicable to non-housing co-ops as well, given that governance is not about the operational specifics and therefore not tied to issues of housing.
By the end of the workshop, the students should be able to:
- Describe 3 key attributes and 3 benefits of good governance
- Develop elements of a framework for good governance in their co-op
- Define Excellent Meetings
- Describe environmental and organisational factors that contribute to functionality of meetings
- Able to design a means to audit the effectiveness of meetings in their organisation
- Carry out a Critical Path Analysis
- Develop an Action Plan
- Demonstrate an understanding of
- Mission / Aims / Objectives
- SMART objectives
- The role of Reporting
- Create a plan to improve governance in their co-op
This is a full training day, designed for delivery to a single housing co-op rather than multiple co-ops.
Please note that it may not be possible to achieve all the learning objectives in shorter versions of workshops.